What is a beta reader?
A beta reader is someone who gets to test-read a book before it is released to the general public. They give valuable feedback to the author. My betas keep me from looking like a goober (or at least they try), and they also are amazing at leaving reviews to help spread the reading love.
What do betas actually do?
- Test read Anna's books
- Provide feedback to Anna (you will be given specifics to look for; you don't have to fix things!)
- Post an honest review on Amazon, Kobo, Goodreads, Apple, etc.
- Share with others (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Goodreads, etc.)
How can you become a beta?
Betas are my friends! They usually have:
- Signed up for my Newsletter (these emails are few and far between: finished books, need for beta readers, etc. I. Hate. Spam.)
- Posted reviews for my previous books. This shows that you are actually wanting to provide feedback. :)
Do betas have to beta read everything?
No! When a book is ready for beta reading, I send out an email to the beta list. Only those interested need to reply. There is one catch though: if you sign up to beta read a book, I am counting on you to do your part! People who do not follow through will not receive another invite to beta read.